Take your builds to the next level with the all-in-one CNC xPRO V4 Controller Stepper Driver!
CNC xPRO V4 further expands the capabilities of the board and simplifies the users experience.
- Pre-loaded with latest stable version of GRBL
- Compatible with ESTLcam
- Capable of powering from ATX PSU, edicated 12V/24V two wire power supply, or a laptop power supply
- Drive 4 motors with DRV8825 Stepper Drivers - 2.5A (peak) with 1.75A (RMS) with up to 1/32 microstepping
- 1 Driver capable of cloning X,Y, or Z
- Hardware support for both USB and Wireless Operation (XBee, WiFly, or Bluelink)*
- Emergency Stop to cut all motor power (with optional override)
- 12V and 5V** outputs for powering peripherals (fans, pumps, vacuums)
- Quickly connect to Stepper Motors and limit switches with 3.5mm screw terminals and/or 4-pin 0.1" (2.54mm) headers
- Expansion port for coming upgrades (Illuminated button pendant, jog control, and headless sender)
New Features (V4)
- Introduced with the V4 is our new DriverMinder logic - the V4 constantly monitors the status of each motor driver looking for any fault. Should a fault occur, your selected action will be taken, options are:
Pause - will initiate a system pause allowing you to safely troubleshoot and potentially save your work piece
Stop - emergency abort, system stop immediately and reboots
Play - continue on as if nothing happened (AKA ignore fault).
- Less than 5-minute install with the use of plug and play motors headers, limit switches and power supplies
- 4-layer design featuring completely isolated motor and logic power buses
- All smd parts moved to back of board to protect again debris and short
- Integrated #4-40 standoff for easy mounting and short protection
- Three ways to power - Laptop PSU (2.5x5.5mm plug), a 2 wire power supply, or ATX computer power supply
- Selectable spindle output voltage range: 0-5V or 0-10V for full compatibility with spindles, VFDs, Lasers and more
- Coolant output is now an open drain (directly sink up to 3A or use to control external relays)
- Screw terminal hookup for external Step/Dir drivers makes beefing up easy
- Extremely robust power management for overvoltage/reverse voltage protection including replaceable mini blade fuses
- Motor driver step and fault LEDs for easier troubleshooting
- Enhanced silkscreen with more pictures and less labels
- Compatible with Openbuilds Xtension wiring system for even easier setup!
- DIP SWITCHES = NO MORE SOLDER JUMPERS - want to change decay mode -> slide the switch, want to clone Z motion instead of Y -> slide the switch
Use the CNC xPRO Controller to Drive:
- 3 Axis CNC Mill With Multiple Drive Motors
- Laser Cutter With XY, Auto Focus, and Rotary Attachment
- Plasma Cutter
- Pick and Place for SMD components
- Or wireless robotics (would love to see this used on a wireless quadruped)
The CNC xPRO is designed to run the opensource gcode interpreter GRBL (factory installed), but can also run ESTLcam control software, or can be programmed with Arduino or AVR studio. The xPRO comes pre-flashed with GRBL so all you need to do is wire up your motors!
- OpenBuilds CAM (Converts DXF, SVG, Bitmap and Gerber RS274x files to GCODE)
- OpenBuilds Control Software (Interface software to connect to, and control your CNC machine or laser) (free/opensource)
- Fusion 360 (both CAD design and CAM, includes GRBL postprocesser by default) (free for hobbyists)
- Vetric Vcarve or Aspire depending on design (drawing and CAM, includes GRBL postprocessor) (paid)
- CNCjs (send and monitor the cut file to the xPRO) (free/opensource)
- bCNC (send and monitor the cut file to the xPRO) (free/opensource)
- LaserWeb4 (Laser specific CAM, and send and monitor the cut file to the xPRO) (free/opensource)
- SketchuCAM (CAM for converting Sketchup files to GCODE)
- and many many more.
NOTE: Accessories such as the BlueTooth, etc. can be purchased from Spark-Concepts.com