Mach4 -Hobby- CNC Control Software
Mach4 is our newest version of CNC motion control software.
Mach4 is completely new software with less than 1% of the programming code in common with Mach3. It was written from the ground up to be expandable, flexible, and extremely responsive for use with very large files. Mach3 was designed for simple hobby machines and still serves this purpose well. When quality, speed, and the ability to use or learn industrial style controls and methods are what is needed, Mach4 is the correct choice. While there was only one version of Mach3, Mach4 is offered in different versions. Mach4 has been in use on Industrial equipment running constantly for over a year. The standard Mach4 installer will control mills, drills, lathes, and routers. While we are controlling other machine types with our Industrial software, complete hobby solutions with integrated screens and functions have only been completed for these machine types. Check back soon as more is coming.
Now offering Mach4 -Version 2
Newfangled Solutions have released the 2nd version of Mach4. Check the availability of a motion control plugin for your device before buying.
Motion control is available using our Parallel Port plugin or our Galil Plugin (licenses required). Vital Systems, PMDX, PoLabs,and CNC4PC, all have great motion control boards with plugins for Mach4 available from the associated links.
The software is found on our main Download Page. The software is the full version and operates in Demo mode until licensed.
– The current version is for
- Running up to 6 axis machines
- Operating: Mills, Routers, & Lathes
- Beta testing: 3d printers, water jets, and tangential cutters
Supporting Documents: After you have installed Mach4, you can find a configuration and a gcode manual in the directory where you installed Mach4. The normal location is C:\Mach4Hobby\Docs\.
From Mach3 to Mach4: Mach4 is completely new! We cannot stress this enough: Mach4 is not an upgrade for Mach3. It is faster, more responsive, and provides a platform for expansion, modification, and new features. The changes requested by many Mach3 users were simply not able to be completed because of limitations in the Mach3 code. Mach4 is our response to the limitations and requested changes for Mach3.
Hardware plugins (drivers) are created and supplied by the hardware manufacturer. Mach3 drivers and code are Not compatible with Mach4. Make sure the devices you will use have plugins available for Mach4.
- Install the Demo on the Actual Machine it will be used
- Run the demo and go to the Help/about screen in Mach4
- Use the PC ID code from the Help/About screen at checkout to license this single computer. Additional licenses can be created after the initial purchase from within your account.
The license is linked to a specific PC, requiring a different code for each PC. Use the ‘About’ screen, accessed by the ‘Help’ menu to get the PC code. You must have this exact PC code from the actual PC you wish to license and generate G-code. To obtain your license key, Click the ‘copy ID to Clipboard’ button in the ‘about’ dialog box when running the software in demo mode and paste this ID number in the appropriate location on the website when purchasing your license.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The LICENSE will only work for the Computer for which you supplied the PC ID. Each PC has a unique ID code and the license works in coordination with this code.
If you upgrade or exchange your PC, it will be necessary to contact the distributor you purchased the license or create a new license yourself by logging into your account and using our website license maintenance feature.
Mach4 Recommended Requirements:
PREFERRED: 32 or 64-bit Laptop or Desktop – Using an External Motion Controller
- Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 & Windows XP
- An appropriate external motion controller
- Mach4 Plugin for the selected Motion Controller
- 2Ghz CPU
- 1GB RAM
- Video Card with 256MB RAM(Large G-code files, especially 3D files will require a video card with 512MB RAM or higher)
*Use of Parallel Port for machine control only with desktop style computers with 32-bit versions of windows 7 and below.
32-bit Desktop – Parallel Port Recommended Requirements
- 32-bit version of Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7
- Mach4 Parallel Port Legacy Plugin (cost applicable)
- 2Ghz CPU
- 1GB RAM
- Non-integrated Video Card with 256MB RAM(Large G-code files, especially 3D files will require a video card with 512MB RAM or higher)
Mach4’s modular design allows features to be added and removed without affecting the systems operation. This aspect greatly enhances the flexibility for different applications, machines and uses.
– Different modules of the core can be removed, added, or created to create a custom software package for OEM’s, re-sellers, and educational organizations.
– Everything is customizable, Make the software your Own
- Create Proprietary add-ons for your version
- Custom Installers
- Rapid Application Development (RAD) with our Screen Design Mode
- Increase or decrease functionality with Plug Ins and Add-ons
- Customizable M Codes for Machine Specific Functions
– No fixed amount of IO
- IO registered to system without any software interference between devices.
Mach4 can control CNC machinery, PLC equipment, and robotics. The core is a full featured ‘brain’ that ensures all input and output devices are coordinated with motion.
– All Motion control calculated in the core = less dependence on hardware and associated software driver.
– Motion Device Drivers (Plug Ins) have standard format = common level of functionality between components, less complexity, easier and less costly to troubleshoot and support.
Motion Control at the Core:
All motion control calculations are completed in the core. Mach4’s core adapts to the speed (frequency) of the motion controllers attached. Mach3 software relied on the hardware plug-in software and complex buffering schemes to ensure accuracy and coordinated motion. This redesign has several advantages:
– Up to 100x faster response from button click to machine action.
- Machine hold or speed changes happen as quickly as GUI buttons are selected on the screen.
– Improved Backlash Control & more accurate screw mapping = less jitter and more accurate cuts
Higher quality manual pulse generator (MPG) = very smooth jogging and positioning without lag time.
Some New Features
– Type C (Fanuc) cutter compensation standard in Mach4.
- More accurate tool path compensation for different size tools
- Improved Anti-gouging
– Synchronous Motion of up to 6 completely separate coordinate systems (instances) at the same time.
- Multiple heads, machines and processes to produce complex parts.
– Asynchronous Motion (out of band axis) to control uncoordinated motion.
- Pre-change tool changers
- Robotic Loaders
- Torch height manual compensation control
– Multi-Axis Work Shifts and Head shifts to offset cutting tool path for multiple work piece holders and fixtures.- Remote Control of machinery (IPC)
- Control or track CNC equipment from a remote location
- Greatly expanded troubleshooting
- Track the operation of equipment
- Link information between other computer applications
- Excel, etc…
– New Dynamic tool path display
- View, rotate, pan, and scale the tool path quickly and easily to ensure G-code is creating the path you expect.
– Improved screen layout and easily customizable screen modification tool.
- Change buttons, displays, and indicators easily, quickly, and on the fly!
PDF manuals are available. Technical support is available via the Forum or though our Yahoo users group, allowing the entire community to contribute to, and benefit from, the solutions. Phone support is not directly offered by Artsoft for Mach4 Hobby.
Once Purchased a License Key/Code and instructions will be emailed to you. (This may take 24-48hrs to process)
No Refunds on software