The Sphinx is a super strong and accurate easy to assemble CNC machine. It takes advantage of the inside tracks of the C-Beam linear rail using Xtreme Mini Solid V Wheels and utilizes the top of the rail with full size Xtreme Solid V wheels.
Many thanks go out to OpenBuilds member Kyo for sharing this awesome open source design!
Sphinx Machine Specs:
Compatible Material for Cutting/Milling:
- Plexi Glass
- (1) 24V Power Supply Bundle
- (4) NEMA 23 Stepper Motors
- (1) CNC xPRO V3 Controller Stepper Driver
- (1) Dewalt DWP611 1.25 HP Max Torque Variable Speed Compact Router
- (1) Balldriver Screw Driver Set
Other Needed (Sold Separately):
- (1) Spoiler Board H 3/4" (19mm) W 19.5" (500mm) L 16.250" (410mm)
NOTE: Although the original Sphinx and the OpenBuilds Sphinx may look similar the OpenBuilds Sphinx incorporates many changes that make it unique in its own way, so be sure to follow the OpenBuilds Build Video for assembly.
OpenBuilds Part CAD Models and Drawings